Thinking about starting a new job search?
We’ve all done it – sat down in a grump after a bad day at work and randomly looked at jobs boards without really thinking about our next career step.
But with a bit of time, space and thought we could really narrow down on the jobs that should make us happy and fulfilled.
We’ve teamed up with Senior Consultant/Coach Deborah Ackland from Platinum Training to nail down the questions that we should be asking ourselves before we lose hours of time on the internet.
Give yourself ten minutes of time and these ten questions will help you focus on what’s important in your job search.
Questions To Ask Yourself On Your New Job Search
- Reflect on your current value and belief system – what is important to you and why is it important?
- What do you want from a job/employer (other than money) – in other words what are their values and do their values match yours?
- What do you like about your current job/employer?
- What do you dislike about your current job/employer?
- Think about a time in your career where you have been at your “peak” in terms of performance and motivation – why were you at your peak?
- If training and income were no problem, what other careers might you have had?
- What are your strengths – what do you do well?
- What aren’t you as good at? Possibly because you don’t enjoy these tasks/roles as much?
- What are the must haves? What are the nice to haves? Eg Must you earn a certain amount? Must you be within a 30/60 minute commute?
- Who would be your perfect employer and why?
Well done! Now you know what key jobs to focus on when you see them.
For latest media jobs, please click here.
For more information about Platinum Training’s services click here.